Sunday, June 17, 2012

Fear and doubt? LOL

I feel like that prior post should be smacked and laughed at. Everything is fine, and I sure appreciated the new ratios on today's climb.

I'm leaving it there for the sake of history, though. You don't climb a mountain without stepping over a few molehills first. Or something.

We have Ryan K with us now, and he's taking it like a real trooper. Like when I stopped us in the motel parking lot to change my front tube. And then to run hastily into the bushes. And then to fret over some mysterious retro squealing from my bike... In a few days he'll be fit as a fiddle, just as we became rising into shape the first week. In the meantime, Steph and I enjoyed some good wind turbine views.

We almost hit a water crisis before a long climb but fortunately Steph realized it in time to get water from some lone houses, one of which might have been a religious petting zoo.

Camp in an rv park tonight, which is a first for us. Nice showers, though. And a sandwhich shop at the airport a quarter mile away. Dinner and hot shower? This is too much. We are becoming spoiled, and fat, except not really. What a beautiful day, now that we're in the shade!

No comments:

Post a Comment